What are IR35 legislative changes happening in April 2020?
New off-payroll working rules were introduced in the public sector which transferred the responsibility to account for PAYE/NIC from the individual to the engager (or fee payer if someone else paid the contractor). The public sector rules will be extended to large and medium sized businesses in the private sector from April 2020.
IR35 in simple terms means that if a worker is a disguised employee he/she should be subjected to the same tax and national insurance deductions as other regular employees. IR35 does not therefore affect those paying employed levels of tax (for example, umbrella employees) but does affect those running their own personal service companies (PSCs) and declaring dividends from company profit.
How ADVANCE can support contractors
ADVANCE offer a suite of market-leading solutions for contractors across all sectors. If you’re unable to work through a PSC/Limited Company, don’t worry, we can help you find the best solution.
You could be eligible to claim mileage as well as fixed food, travel and accommodation expenses.
How ADVANCE can help agencies and their clients
We are offering technical and tailored advice, workshops, client visits & support to ensure you and your clients understand the impact of the legislation changes in April 2020. Working with ADVANCE puts you in safe hands with our range of services and market leading solutions.
ADVANCE’s IR35 status tool provides you and your clients with software which is educational and provides status determinations, with a score for each section.
- Our IR35 status tool is powered by EY and determines whether a role is ‘in’ or ‘outside’ IR35
- The tool has weighted the answers by breaking down IR35 case law
- Our software does the rest
- Provides you with helpful tips throughout which helps on selective elements of IR35
- Educational throughout and shows how to minimise risk
- Analytical & factual
- Dashboards and reporting so you can visualise your exposure
- Is extremely flexible and can be used by agencies & clients and for individual roles
Contact our team of experts to discuss how we can support you on 01244 564 564
Understanding the basics of IR35 - the easy way!
These bitesize podcasts provide a brief overview of all you need to know to refresh on the basics of IR35: