The Payroll Officer ensures all contractor timesheet information is inputted accurately and efficiently, in accordance with deadlines, to ensure that contractors are paid correctly and on time each week. It’s vital to maintain 100% accuracy with all payroll duties, avoiding overpayments, errors & any issues. The successful candidate will ensure that internal relationships between Payroll and other departments are fostered and nurtured to develop and maintain good working relationships. This role also requires the ability to maintain high levels of communication across internal departments, as well as externally with clients & contractors to deliver world-class service.
This role would be suitable for someone with the following key attributes;
- A basic understanding of, and experience with, payroll calculations and tax procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced payroll environment
- Fantastic customer-service skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Confidence engaging with clients and contractors regarding payroll queries over the phone and via email